Recent Years Have Seen A Paradigm Shift In The UX Strategy For Better
Needs and demands of the users are ever changing in keeping with the canon of fathers of economics Adam Smith and Marshall who said, ‘Human wants are unlimited.’ It is therefore required to cope up with these changes to maintain a perfect harmony in Human-computer interface or HCI. That is why designers look for better and newer strategies resulting in the paradigm shift in UX strategy.
The UX shift is necessary to meet the demands and needs of the consumers who are the primary definers of brands and products through their interaction. This has led to the intertwining of the two terms “user experience” and “user interface,” where one is possibly unthinkable without the other coming onto the fore.
Designers now have to maintain a proper balance between these two elements or ‘partners in arms’ so as to provide a better user experience and product results. This has led to the combination of UX and UI in modern designing that enables the user to interact in a better way with their mobile or any other web platform.
Change in traditional definition
This perspective has literally obscured over the time the customary definition of user experience design and UX Strategy. As a practice, this ensures that every interaction that the users have with any brand caters to their needs which is the primary objective and requirement of brand experience.
- In modern business, advertising is not the only element that determines a brand anymore. It is how easy it is to book the product or even return it if need be.
- Therefore, the common misnomer of UX design being only related to designing the interface and interaction is just one of the many facets of it.
- Designing now is more of showing what an organization or a product is capable of and also making people believe it as well. When people are able to balance the ability of a brand with their needs and know that they will not find it in anywhere else, they will come back for more.
This will result in a higher possibility of visits being converted into sales.
Focusing on user needs
A lot of companies have now changed their focus on user needs and requirements in definite interactions. This has proved to be the most effective process in which a business can solve the challenges that it encounters over time.
This has in fact made reimagining the process of creation of products and services in a more holistic approach. This means that the user’s needs are in the center of attraction and has become the true definition of UX design.
Adhering to the definition of user needs and experience, most online retailers can now easily create brand identities depending on their customer bases and feedbacks regarding their digital experiences.
Revamp in e-commerce
The shift in UX Strategy has resulted in a revamp of the e-commerce site that had been purely transactional for long. But the change in customer behavior has resulted in newer and better retail environments that also revealed that there are a large number of consumers whose needs are not being fulfilled by these sites.
- Redesigning the websites in a better way has enabled the customers to set the desired parameters while browsing the sites and toggle on or off at the same time. With such features turned on, the consumers can find the right product and its related information to make a better choice of products.
- The role of UX practitioners plays a significant role in the change in UX design strategy which primarily involves viewing the market and the capability of a specific brand. This process enables them to single out the places where it fits in most appropriately creating a better value and exactness of the brand.
- A significant approach is to align the needs of the consumer with that of the market so that the common challenges of e-commerce can be overcome easily. This helps the consumers to find the exact motivation they need to stay on and come back for more from a site. The basic principle of e-commerce and web design is to make the people feel connected so that they are more likely to stay and come back.
- It is also helpful to make people confident about the brand to make an informed decision which in turn will provide a better user experience. The best way to do is to keep the process and product simple, easy, intuitive, accessible and reliable with an added focus on its engaging and smart contents.
Useful for all segments
UX strategy is applicable and useful for all business segments. It results in better thinking and marketing, communications and product design.
- This strategy is now infused in segments such as management consulting and even several other internal systems.
- These systems include customer service, e-commerce, inventory management and much more all built around the needs and demand of the customers.
- The user-centric approach in the design has enabled different companies to gain a certain degree of empathy from the consumers. This, in turn, has eliminated the previously existing disconnect between the consumer and different departments of a large company.
- This has also resulted in the better functioning of the large organizations in particular where all of its departments need to work in an organized manner caring for the needs of the user as well as the different market forces that influence them.
The shift in UX design and strategies is primarily based on the interaction level between the product and the humans through a more advanced mechanism working philosophically and at a more systematic level.
The reactions of the users are better understood and accounted for in such systems listening to varied consumer feedback. All this has enabled the companies to dig deeper so that they can have a full and clear view of the foundational aspect of the design. They can now easily know how their company is operating and whether there is any need for a change to utilize or meet that need of consumers.
Originally published at technologynews.info on September 15, 2018.